November 3, 2012

A Scene From My Childhood.



Scene 1
Setting:  A Sunday drive through the beautiful mountains of northwest Wyoming.  Dad is driving, Mom is in the passenger seat, I am sitting in the middle.
Characters:  Mom (crying), Dad (upset), two year old me
Conflict:  Who knows? 

Two year old me:  Turning to hug my crying mother Mommy, it’s ok.  I’m here for you.  I’ll always be here for you.

            Not the responsibility of a two year old, yet something I’ve had to shoulder all these years- I’ve felt responsible for my parents’ happiness.  Or rather, for their unhappiness.  I've never felt like I caused it, but I've always felt responsible for fixing it.  How does a child fix her parents’ broken marriage?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for coming. I hope you get something out of this. I hope you learn about yourself. I hope you get help if you need it or give it if you can.